Came Across a Photo of You by Chance


Came across a photo of you by chance

You were, as I want to remember

The swagger in your stance

A cocky smile lightly hinted in the line of your lips



Evident charm of your sorcerer's draw apparent

Smoke and mirrors of mysterious appeal

Opiate for one a willing participant

How sweet the enveloping haze



Recollections of your dulcet voice

Words of ambiguity and guile - poetry

Lo your breath intoxicating choice

Rent superior sagacity a useless mace



No intimation of the cruelty late clear

Where were the signs?

A madness concealed in feigned fear

Arrogance facetiously named humility



I unwitting, willing to suppose

So smug in my experience

Misguided, believed it soaring flight and rose

Ignored the plunging altitude



Swiftly came the depths impacted

Shock numbed, broken soul refused to deem

How deep the cut nor the scars exacted

Without a cause to name



Wailing of your abandonment

While scattering my essence

Promoting your misunderstood intent

Never guessing at its nakedness



Prevails yet a lingering ember

A faint whispered yearning

I cannot help but remember

Here devotion and ache are ever new



Now the fog rolls athwart my eyes

The flood unleashed. Sorrow's torrents quake my being

Sadness roils my soul as anger cries

With nowhere for the run off.

ã

Comments